Friday, March 23, 2007

Dreadfulness Healed by 1 Peter

Today...all of a sudden, depression sets in. It was some feeling of dread. I could not shake it, I could not exorcise it nor can I actually pin-point what is the shitty bloody wrong with me. I feel restless, I feel wasted and I certainly feel not really up to it in a lot of things. Things just doesn't feel right. Business moved but somehow, things ain't going what I thought would be ok.

Goodness. I got a lot to be thankful for because this is the month where I got to finish recording in pictures, 2 beautiful weddings, got a good pay cheque for writing reviews for the press and lastly, my E-commerce class has just ended. So what more do I want? Sometimes I feel that Abba can be really frustrated for having kids like me. I mean, He gave good things in accordance to His riches in Heaven but we who are on Earth, the Royal Priesthood, would feel dejected, down, frustrated and depressed...exactly what I am feeling now.

Guess what the Lord has spoken, "Go to E-sword and type in devour and lion" and He lead me to this verse

Be sober, be watchful: your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour,
(1Pe 5:8)

whom withstand stedfast in your faith, knowing that the same sufferings are accomplished in your brethren who are in the world.
(1Pe 5:9)

Hmmm....be stedfast in faith as my brothers are suffering the same things as well? So does that mean that the depression is of the devil?

Now I read the verse before these verses and this is what the Bible says

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time;
(1Pe 5:6)

casting all your anxiety upon him, because he careth for you.
(1Pe 5:7)

Oh.....humble before God's hand and He may exalt me in due time. So cast all worries upon Him because He loves me enough to care for me! Let God work His hands for me so that He is able to elevate me!

Wow! Revelation! And you know what? That depression was lifted, a joy surpasses all understanding welled in my heart. And then another confirmation..

Now the God of all grace, the One calling you to His eternal glory in Christ Jesus, you having suffered a little, Himself will perfect, confirm, strengthen, establish you.
(1Pe 5:10)

And then all of a sudden, a power swept through my very being, a current, a flow...it clears my heart, tinge my head and suddenly eyes clouded a bit...

It is not so bad after all! Abba Father does look after me, as He has looked after countless others who put his trust in HIM!

To Him be the glory and the might forever and ever. Amen.
(1Pe 5:11)



No comments: