Sunday, May 21, 2006

Megachurch Association: No Joke!?

Brother Chris K has shown me this letter from the so called Megachurch Association

http://www.chalcedon.edu/articles/article.php?ArticleID=293

Before anything happens, it is a satire so it is not true. But it really calls into attention what is of God and what is not.

Seriously...i can only say, not all Mega Churches are as spiritual ignorant as them, and not all traditional churches are weak too. Since the body of Christ has to be made perfect, therefore we are imperfect but we do have the Holy Spirit in us all. The issue is: Are we listening? Are we testing what was said to what was written?

Jesus did preach about false messiahs and preachers in the end times. So this is another 'storm-warning' I come from a Mega Church but that does not mean my church subscribes to their teachings...far from it! Do ONLY size speaks of true teachings? No...size is an indicator but true teaching can only sense through the spirit.

Do people worship differently? True as well so let not form but the heart to be judged...and that can only be done by Christ.
Ah. Such is the con of man....

2 comments:

Rose said...

Hi
I don't know if you are interested but I'm a long time christian who has recently in the last few years started questioning things re: the church, and some of the beliefs I was brought up with. I often want to discuss things with someone but hesitate to discuss them with people I know....I don't want them knowing my deep personal thoughts or doubts regarding christianity, especially as an "organization". I want to hear someone else's opinions about things, not to church bash or such, but just honesty. If you are interested in discussing things with me, leave a message on my blog and then I will give you my email address. possumhippychick.blogspot.com
Thanks.

Wilz said...

hi rose, we can talk about church stuff. Remember that Christianity is about allow God to change a person's heart, is a relationship with God.

The church is to help foster the relationship more between believers, to know more, to share problems, to encourage and lastly to pray about it.

Mind sharing how you come to know Christ, your understanding of Christianity and also some areas of doubts?